Would you like to help rid your city of flat, headless, warm pints that should be served cold and fresh? Would you like to help our clients in their quest for Better Beer?
- Do you have a current job that makes you happy BUT you want some extra spending money?
- Are you interested in continually learning about beer and draught systems?
- Do you work well without supervision?
- Do you have a flexible schedule and 6-8 hours of free time each month?
Welcome to the gig economy.
Beer drinkers are demanding better quality draught beer which means that the BetterBeer.com Draught Quality Program is expanding and we need some help in Toronto Core.
We’re looking for one part-time BetterBeer.com Consultants to service 7-10 of our clients in the downtown core.
Once a month you will be required to audit our client’s draught beer systems. An audit takes about 30 minutes to execute. You can do the audits seven days a week, but not during the restaurant’s busy time (i.e.: Friday noon-2pm or Friday 6-9pm).
- Get your audits completed properly and on time each month.
- Complete monthly continuing education.
- Use our internal communication tool (Slack).
We will work with the successful applicant to teach you about draught beer systems and draught quality, how to execute an audit, and how to post audits. We will spend a full day working with you to help you get the hang of things and pay you for training – watching our online training videos, reading manuals, and training audits.
Each month you will receive $25 for each completed audit (about $175-250 a month based on current workload: 5-7 hours a month).
Please read this part carefully, and only apply if you meet the requirements. You must have the following:
- Past FULL-SERVICE restaurant/ bar experience (cannot currently be working in the industry). Those with bartending experience will be preferred.
- A car and valid drivers licence.
- An understanding of the internet and computers. You don’t need to know how to code html, but knowing how to use a tablet is a must. Audits are completed on a tablet (you provide) and you need to be comfortable navigating, updating, and problem-solving it.
- Have an iPad or tablet and a smartphone that you can tether to your iPad or tablet.
- A personality that allows you to coach and connect with young bartenders just as easily as the owner of a multi-million dollar restaurant.
- Sales experience in the hospitality industry is a bonus, but not mandatory.
- Hit the “I want to help improve beer quality” button.
- Fill out the application.
- Upload a resume and cover letter.
- We will get back to everyone who applies within 10 days.
Basically, you send us your info and we use it solely for the purpose of determining if you are a fit with us or not. We won’t add you to any newsletter email list or contact you in any way outside of the scope of the auditor position.
Eight to ten hours – paid.
Offer ended on July 8, 2018